Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Arrow of Light (take 2)

So yesterday I talked a little about how I wish I had the time to do a project for my son's Arrow of Light award/ crossover ceremony.

Here's what I planned on doing.

If you click the picture it should take you to instructions for how to make it!

A Career Arrow.  I had my own plans for how I was going to do it after I read that arrows cost like a trillion dollars for a wooden arrow.  (Okay, not a trillion, but in the $20 range which is high enough). 

I was going to use a dowel rod.  I planned on wrapping it in Embroidery Floss for the colored bands.  I wanted to make a fake glued on fletching (the feather's on the end) that would be blue and yellow to represent the Cub Scouts, then I wanted to use a Fleur Di Lis instead of an arrow head for the Boy Scouts. 

I still might do this, but I know it will take a bit of planning and I only have until Saturday!  YIKES!




No comments:

Post a Comment